Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oprah's Blackberry Moment!

Oprah Winfrey agreed to write about Michelle Obama for Time Magazine's "100 Most Influential People" issue, and had proceeded to write the article in the memo section on her Blackberry. Unfortunately, the Blackberry wasn't as cooperative, as Winfrey recounts:

"I had written the whole piece on my BlackBerry, and I was feeling really so great about it," Winfrey told us at the Time Warner Center gala event Tuesday night. "I wrote it in the memo section, and I went to hit save and I hit another key — and it disappeared. I lost the whole thing!"

She continued, "I had been writing it for a long period of time. I'd add a line when I heard someone say something that I liked, and this is how I wrote it for, like, a month. I figured I would sit down the day it was due and polish the whole thing, but it was just gone!"

"I just stared at the BlackBerry for about 30 minutes," she laughed. "I hit every single key to make it come back. I called the IT guy and then I sort of stared at my computer. I couldn't even think of a sentence or a word [I had written]. It was like, 'Oh my God. This has never happened to me, but of course it happens for [Michelle's piece].' I had to start all over. I was panicked. It was an absolute deadline, so it was crazy."

Thanks to the New York Daily News for the article. Too cool that Oprah is still grinding after accomplishing so much.

No comments: