Monday, September 8, 2008

Conflicted About Kwame



Now that Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick has resigned, I have to admit I'm very conflicted about kicking him when he's down, because I pray that he resurfaces a better person for going through this ordeal, which was all of his own doing.

National best selling author Mitch Albom, who also writes for the Detroit Free Press states in this article what I just don't have the heart to say about Mr. Kilpatick. It's just very tough watching a talented black man kick away a potentially brilliant career because of arrogance.

I want in so many ways, to draw a comparison between Kwame Kilpatrick and Bill Clinton, but Kilpatrick costs the City of Detroit over $10 million in a time when the city placed all of it's trust in him. We knew what we were getting with Bill Clinton, and he was just true to his nature.

No comments: