Friday, August 29, 2008

"I Can't Believe It"




Last night in front of an estimated 85,000 people at Denver's Invesco Field, Senator Barack Obama gave the speech of a lifetime as he became the first African American Democratic Nominee for President of the United States.

Obama covered all of the bases that should put to rest any questions regarding his qualifications to be President. Now the question that needs to be answered is whether America is ready for the ultimate in change, and ready to turn the White House into the symbolic "Black House." There are 67 days to the election, which seems like an eternity, but the sprint will be fast and furious.

Rush Limbaugh indicated yesterday, that the Rev. Jeremiah Wright clips will begin playing anew in October, so there will be challenges that Obama will face, but after last night I now believe that he can, and will be able to close the deal.

While I'm listening to my new favorite song, T Pain's "I Can't Believe It," there's a line that says, "She hit the main stage and made the people say yeah, yeah, yeah." Well, for me, Barack Obama, made me say, yeah, yeah, yeah. I just pray that the rest of America was listening.

1 comment:

Ldix said...

I am so happy that you are giving Obama his much needed credit....More on Obama please...