Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gucci Mane Released!

The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports on the release this morning of rapper Gucci Mane. Gucci Mane was released from jail after serving 6 months on a probation violation from a 2005 assault charge. Upon his release, the rapper made the following statement:

"I have made some mistakes in my life that have hurt a lot of people who care about me. I have worked very hard to get past them, but those mistakes have brought me to where I am today, and they will not be repeated. These past six months have been a difficult time, but fortunately I have learned a great deal from my experience. I was able to do a great deal of soul searching; I am coming out with a new attitude towards life."

Gucci Mane states that he's about to hit the recording studio and will be releasing a new album in the summer. Hopefully he'll stay out of trouble as well.